T and K truly are the most humble, lovely and incredibly gorgeous couple and I cannot wait to capture their wedding in 2018! These folks contacted me last year and subsequently booked me as their wedding photographer, choosing a wedding collection that included an Engagement photography session – fist pump right there!
A chat about what they love to do as a couple lead us to the iconic Capri Theatre in Goodwood which we decided would provide the perfect setting for these lovebirds who love to catch a flick together in their spare time. The rich moody tones of the theatre and the inclusion of some sweet props and a gorgeous bouquet by Flower Delights – Gawler Barossa Florist personalised the session and help knit the whole beautiful story together.
A well planned and thoughtful engagement session can be beneficial to a couple in many ways. Below I’ve listed my top 5 reasons as to why you should definitely consider one!
1. A session prior to your wedding day is a wonderful opportunity to spend some quality time with your chosen wedding photographer. They will be able to get to know you, how you are in front of the camera, what is personally flattering and most importantly you will get to know THEM!
2. Engagement sessions are also a perfect way to put your hair and makeup to the test. By scheduling your trial for the same day you’ll know exactly how your makeup will hold up and you’ll also have a visual representation of how it will look in camera and your edited photos so there are no surprises down the track.
3. Professional photos can be creatively incorporated into ‘save the date’ cards and many other printed items for your wedding which creates a unique and personal touch that only your wedding will have!
4. In my experience couples who have an engagement session are more comfortable and relaxed on their wedding day. They know exactly how the process works, have built all important trust and have a greater confidence in their photographer. The less stress you are under on the most important day of your life has to be a huge bonus right?
5. Engagement sessions are FUN! Seriously guys, the sky is the limit and you can get as creative as you (and your photographer!) dare to dream. Think about what you love to do together and use that as a springboard to capturing a truly amazing experience on your journey to becoming Mr and Mrs.
Please enjoy some of my favourites from T and K’s engagement session and if you love what you see please do get in touch!
Until next week,